Applications 2023 – 2024
The Piet Zwart Institute’s admissions committees review applications, interview, and accept candidates on a rolling basis from December 2022 to May 2023, until all positions in the cohorts are filled.
Due to the quantity of applications the Piet Zwart Institute Master programs receive, regulations regarding immigration, and international opportunities to apply for study funding, we strongly encourage you to apply early.
Once a committee has reviewed your completed application, you may be contacted for an interview.
NON EU applicants: Please pay close attention to information regarding tuition fees and details for international students, should this apply to you.
7 March 2023: Priority deadline for completed applications of Dutch and EU applicants.
Final deadline non-EU applicants.
10 May 2023: Final deadline for completed applications of Dutch and EU applicants.
Please note this deadline doesn’t apply to the Master Design. The Master Design has their final deadline on 25 April 2023.
Start of the academic year
The official academic year 2023/24 will start on 1 September 2023.
How to apply?
Step 1: Together with your application you first need to register in Studielink. Please go to the Studielink website and register with the following codes:
- 22 OJ (this stands for the Hogeschool Rotterdam or Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences)
Plus your choice of Master programme below:
- 49114 (99-MAUTV) (this stands for the Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design: Fine Art)
- 49114 (99-MMDV) (this stands for the Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design: Experimental Publishing)
- 49114 (99-MMDV) (this stands for the Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design: Lens-Based Media)
- 44760 (this stands for the Master Interior Architecture: Research + Design)
- 49117 (this stands for the Master of Education in Arts, part-time)
- 49098 (this stands for the Master Design, part-time)
Please note that this process can take a few days before you receive an email with your 7- digit student number. Should you be applying to two different PZI Master programs you need to register only once in Studielink.
For questions about the application procedure, please contact the Willem de Kooning / Piet Zwart Institute Admission Office via: